This file part of www.sainthenryparish.org website
Dr. George E. Sanquist
1923 - 1994
Funeral services for Dr. George E. Sanquist,
Following World War 11, he entered dental school at Marquette University and graduated in 1950. He was accepted in the United States Navy's dental internship program and served in the Navy for four years as a regular Navy dental officer.
Sanquist opened a dental practice in Watertown in 1954 and also taught at Marquette University for two years. He was staff dentist at Marquardt Memorial Manor.
Sanquist was a member of St. Henry’s Catholic Church; member and president of St. Henry’s Home and School Association; Watertown Rotary Club, National Rifle Association; American Dental Association; Jefferson County Dental Association; member and secretary of the Watertown Rifle & Pistol Club; past member of the Watertown Chamber of Commerce board of directors; and was active in other community efforts.
Sanquist was also very active in the Boy Scouts of America for many years, serving with St. Henry's troop and on the Potawatomi Council board of directors. He enjoyed sailing, bow and rifle hunting in the western states and Canada, and whitewater canoeing and camping.
Survivors include a daughter, Nancy (John) Lamers of Eagan, Minn, and two sons, George Jr. of Milwaukee and Mark (Mary Ann) of West St. Paul, Minn.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Main, E, 312 1971, Miller Bldg; Dr Sanquist, dentist