This file portion of www.watertownhistory.org website
1995, 03 05
The 1850-60 home of Peter and Julie Watts, 920 N. Fourth St., received the House Beautiful Award from the Watertown Arts Council at its annual meeting at the Watertown Country Club on Sunday afternoon. The house was purchased by the Wattses in 1991 and has undergone a variety of cosmetic changes including painting, stenciling, floors plus bathroom and kitchen updating. The Wattses are trying to keep the 1800s atmosphere of the home as authentic as possible and still have the conveniences of modern living. The exterior of the home is cream colored brick with rust and black accents. A street front fence has been added as a decorative yet privacy feature as the home is located quite close to the street.