Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 3709
03 14 FORMATION OF
On March 14, 1939 the city of Watertown Auxiliary 3709 was formed.
07 04 FOURTH OF JULY PARADE
1946 NAME CHANGED
In 1946, the post and auxiliary changed its name to Beaudoin-Koehler-Draeger Post No. 3709 in honor of the three young men who died in World War II.
1954 CENTENNIAL PARADE ENTRY
04 07 INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS
The Beaudoin-Koehler-Draeger Post No. 3709, Veterans of Foreign Wars will hold its installation of officers on Saturday, April 11. The following officers are to be installed, Commander, Martin E. Voss; senior vice commander, Harvey B. Arndt Jr.; vice commander, John H. Johnson; quartermaster, Harold Barrows; judge advocate, Roland E. Dierker; surgeon, Dr. D.R. Craine; trustee three years, Les Umland. The holdover trustees are, Walter Griebenow, two years; Charles Triexler, one year. The appointed officers are: adjutant, Wallace R. Fischer; officer of the day, Clarence Kuckhan; guard, Eugene Garbisch; service officer, Harold Barrows; and youth activities chairman, Wallace R. Fischer.
06 21 INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS
Eugene Schlesner, 411 Kossuth Street, past commander of the Beaudoin- Koehler-Draeger Post, V.F.W., was named all state post commander at the 46th annual state V.F.W. Convention at La Crosse. The honor bestowed upon Schlesner was due to complete phases in all programs for the year as Commander of his Post. Reuben Kottwitz, 1323 Randolph Street, and Bob Becker, Jefferson, will again head publicity for the state V.F.W.
03 07 50th ANNIVERSARY
The Auxiliary of Beaudoin-Koehler-Draeger Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 3709 will celebrate its 50th anniversary with a dinner Saturday at the post home. A program and musical entertainment will follow. On March 14, 1939 the city of Watertown Auxiliary 3709 was formed by department president Kathryn Lysaker of Onalaska. The group received a charter on May 21, 1938 when second district organizer Dorothy Kiggens of Portage installed the officers. Twenty four names appeared on the charter, which closed July 11, 1939. The first auxiliary colors were purchased in 1941-42 with funds received from the sale of a cedar chest at a picnic. On Nov. 12, 1949 the group moved to the Armory and the Women’s Relief Corps gave the group its first color bearer flag.
03 14 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATED
The 50th anniversary of the auxiliary to the Beaudoin-Koehler-Draeger Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 3709 was celebrated Saturday with a dinner and program at the post home. About 100 members, guests and past officials attended the anniversary celebration. The city of Watertown Auxiliary 3709 was formed on March 14, 1939, by Kathryn Lysaker of Onalaska. Twenty-four names appeared on the charter. In 1946, the post and auxiliary changed its name to Beaudoin-Koehler-Draeger Post No. 3709 in honor of the three young men who died in World War II.
The VFW used the building at 1027 N. Fourth Street as a CLUBHOUSE for a couple of years.
History of Watertown, Wisconsin