501 S Third
This former filling station opened in 1927 as a part of the Sinclair Oil Co. See Watertown Daily Times article dated July 29, 1927.
It became known as Risty's Filling Station by 1930, and was later purchased by a Mr. Karberg and it was known by that name for over 40 years. In 1985 it was known as Van's Automotive and in the 1990s it went out of business. For a short time there was an antique shop there, and later an auto detailing business.
History of Watertown, Wisconsin