512 South Fifth Street
Marcella Manor was built in 1897 and owned by one family, the Grubes, until the fall of 1989, when it was purchased by Tricia and Tom Sloan. Tricia opened the house as a home for the elderly 12 years ago and many residents have enjoyed its beauty over the years.
The building is a Queen Anne style of architecture made of all brick with a lot of character. It has a large porch and a coach house is located toward the rear of the property. A hitching post remains in front of the house.
The interior is beautiful with hand-carved woodwork throughout the first floor. The entry has a beautiful hand-carved staircase adorned by leaded glass windows and a special seating area at the base of the staircase.
The dining room and fireplace are also adorned with hand-carved woodwork. Special care was given to preservation of the home. A sun room in the lower level has rounded glass windows and beautiful chandelier.